The Graston Technique, a soft tissue technique to address pain and promote healing.
If you are in pain, we can help by incorporating a specialized soft tissue technique to your treatment plan.
What is the Graston Technique?
Using special instruments, the Graston Technique is a form of manual therapy that massages and gently scrapes the skin. The Graston Technique has been found to help individuals who suffer from scar tissue/muscle restrictions and pain due to an injury. Since scar tissue limits range of motion and may cause pain, the Graston Technique can restore motion to pre-injury level.
- It breaks down scar tissue
- It reduces restrictions by stretching tissue
- It promotes healing to the injured tissue
Is it painful?
No, it may cause minor discomfort and some bruising may occur after the treatment but this is normal.
Why do it?
- Decreases overall treatment time and increases recovery time
- It can reduce the need of certain medications, such as anti-inflammatories
- It can resolve previously considered permanent, chronic conditions
Usually two treatments a week for 4-5 weeks are needed. Most patients begin noticing the affects in as little as the 3rd visit!
Our Graston Technique physical therapists are specially trained and have undergone extensive coursework in the Graston Technique which is a trademarked process due to its specially designed instruments.
Our client managers will be help to assist you and answer your questions regarding the Graston Technique. Call today at 781-769-2040 to find out more and start your recovery immediately.